Do what you will, this world’s a fiction and is made up of contradiction.
Today is the day my fellow wielders of pen and keyboard. Today is the official kick-off of The Two Drops of Ink Fiction Writing Challenge.
In the past, we had a blast (Yes, I’m a poet) with writing challenges. Not only that, we have also seen some great writers emerge from the smoke-filled battlefield of writers charging forth to get their work published…
Well…it wasn’t quite that dramatic, but we did find and publish some great writers who participated in these challenges.
As I said in the intro post on Monday, we have been blessed with some awesome, loyal fans, followers, and writers. Our published posts reflect the diversity of our writers and genres. We have worked hard to become a virtual library for readers and a place of comfort for writers.
We hope to be the virtual coffee shop, couch, or whatever, that each writer heads to in the normal routine of their daily writing habits.
We have blazed a trail in the blogosphere with the idea of collaborative blogging.
That said, we haven’t focused enough on, perhaps, the greatest genre of all…or at least the most enjoyed – fiction! We have some fiction published on the site, but as a literary blog, we need more good fiction.
We did a poll on September 15th that ran about a week. In that poll, our readers told us they wanted more fiction. They said they wanted a writing contest with a prompt, and they wanted to write both fiction and Flash Fiction. So…here we go!
The Writing Challenge
Okay, I had to do a bit of bragging and bloviating about the accomplishments and hard work contributed by each published writer on this site. Now, I’ll shut it and give the contest details (wink).
- We are listing 6 images for you as prompts; name which one you used in your submission.
- Check out the Wild Card section at the bottom of this post.
- Write a fiction piece of 4000 words or less.
- Or, write a Flash Fiction post.
- The contest will extend 14 days from today (Oct, 19th at 12 midnight)
- You will have those 14 days to write and submit your fiction posts for publication.
- Each writer will be notified by email if their fiction piece makes the cut for publication (I’m a pretty objective editor, don’t be scared).
- The “Post with the Most” will win the grand prize of a $50 Amazon gift card. The post with the most refers to the published post with the most likes. So, yes, this is a people’s choice award. Yes, John, you can get all of your aunts, uncles, grandmothers, and extended kin to vote for you (inside joke).
- Our staff writers can participate but they cannot win the grand prize.
Two Drops of Ink “The Literary Home for Collaborative Writing”
All jokes aside, we look forward to your participation in this challenge. The writers, authors, and poets that are published on this literary blog can attest to the benefits of collaboration with this site.
Your rewards will include the following:
- The possible awesomeness of an Amazon gift card that could buy a couple great new books.
- Once you’ve been published on this site we add you to our Published Contributors page which will continue to drive traffic to your links, blogs, books, and social media. You will find yourself among some very talented, widely published, and prolific writers.
- Your bio and links will appear in the Sunday Spotlight rotation.
- We will always be here to help you, as a seasoned or novice writer, to further your career and exposure.
- Your writing will gain wide exposure through our vast and diverse audience.
Choose from these images for your fiction piece:
Just to keep this interesting, if you don’t see an image that prompts your awesome writing talents, you can choose one of your own, but you have to include it in your post’s submission.
For any questions about the challenge or the submission process, you can email us at email@example.com
We wish each of you our best. We hope you have a great time, and we look forward to reading some awesome stories!
The Two Drops Crew
Two Drops of Ink: The Literary Home for Collaborative Writing
Our published contributors enjoy becoming a part of an established, award-winning blog. They gain exposure from our ever-growing audience. In turn, we gain the audience that they bring with their writing. Join the Two Drops of Ink family. Read our submission guidelines.
We have more than 40 wonderful contributing authors who have been published on this site. Check out their bios. Read their work. Visit their sites. Check out our list of ‘Published Contributors.’