The Writing Challenge
We’re excited about the upcoming writing contest. We published two polls last week, one for readers asking about their favorite genres, and one asking writers which genre they would like to write about.
So far, there is a close tie between memoir and fiction in terms of the writing contest which is the focus of this post.We're excited about the upcoming writing contest. We published two polls last week, one for readers asking about their favorite genres, and one asking writers which genre they would like to write about Click To Tweet
The Challenge Rules
So, we’re going to get this thing rolling in June; however, we will leave the poll open for another week, promoting it here and there. That said, here are the rules once all the votes are in, and you pick the genre through your votes.
- Send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org (questions as well).
- The post must be at least 1000 words but no more than 3000.
- Check your grammar and syntax. I will tolerate some mistakes as this is normal for all writers; however, if your submission is filled with grammar errors, I will ask for a resubmission before the deadline. No submission is guaranteed to be published.
- Our staff writers may participate (and are encouraged to do so), but cannot win the grand prize.
- To win, you must have the most likes on your post. Simple. It’s your job as the author to share and solicit votes.
- You cannot like your own post.
- We will run the contest (voting) through June. However, we will also be publishing other submissions after all of the contest submissions are posted.
- The grand prize will be $100 to the “post with the most” – the most “Likes.”
- All submitting writers must like our facebook page and follow the site through one of our many “follow” options. This will also serve to help writers stay informed of the site’s activities and announcements, and it’s our sites reward for holding this contest.
- Have fun and share this post.
Vote and Share this Poll
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $19.80Was: $29.99
The Literary Home for Collaborative Writing
At Two Drops of Ink, we proudly collaborate with other writers. Most bloggers work hard to brand themselves and push their own sites, and that’s fine; however, here atTwo Drops of Ink, we have created a unique and powerful epicenter for collaborative writing. Along with our writing team and the blogs we post, we accept submissions of all genres (see our submissions guidelines). This is a huge win-win for our literary blog and for writers that are either well established and are looking to expand their audience, or relatively new writers looking for exposure. We dedicate this page to those writers, and their works, that were good enough to publish on our blog. Congrats to them. Please take a moment to scroll down through the list and enjoy and share their writing.
Scott Biddulph | Editor-in-Chief
Submit your work for publication here: Submissions
Follow us on Twitter
“Like” our Facebook page